Federal Perkins Loans
The Federal Perkins loan is a student loan where Providence College acts as the lender using a limited pool of funds provided by the Federal government. As of June 30, 2018, the Federal Perkins loan program is no longer lending out any new loans.
Exit Requirement Information for Withdrawn/Transferred and/or Graduating Students
If you were a recipient of a Federal Perkins loan while you attended Providence College, it is mandatory that you complete an online exit counseling session.
The online exit session for your Federal Perkins Loan can be found at:
This website is through University Accounting Service (UAS), whom is partnered with Providence College for their administration services of the Federal Perkins loan.
Please note that the Federal Perkins Loans are in the student’s name and the exit requirement needs to be completed by the student with their information.
Once on this site, click on ‘sign up’.
- You will create your own username and password
- The email that you would enter is your PC email. You will be able to switch to another email once you are logged in
- Enter in your telephone number
- You can leave the driver’s license number space blank as long as you entered in your email and telephone number. If you did not enter both your email & telephone number in the steps above and need to enter driver’s license number, please see below:
- If you did not enter your driver’s license number when you originally signed for this loan, leave this blank
- If you do not remember if you entered your driver’s license number, please try leaving it blank. If this does not work, please enter your driver’s license number
- Enter in your birthdate
- Enter in your zip code
This is the website for our Federal Perkins loan servicer, University Accounting Service (UAS). UAS handles billing and repayment of the Perkins loan for Providence College. Please keep track of your newly created username and password as this is also the website for repayment for your Perkins loan.
Once you are logged in, please see the tab ‘Useful Links’. Under this tab, you will see ‘Exit Interview’. Please select ‘Exit Interview’.
If you need any assistance with the website, you may contact UAS at (800)999-6227.
Please follow the steps to complete the exit interview. Once complete, Providence College will receive an electronic confirmation of your completion.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PERKINS LOAN BORROWERS IN REPAYMENT
As of July 1 2018, our Federal Perkins Loan Servicer, University Accounting Service (UAS), updated their website from www.uasecho.com to www.uasconnect.com . You will need to create a new account to sign in to the new website. If you have any questions/issues with the new website, please contact the loan servicer directly at (800)999-6227. Thank you.
Providence College is the lender for the Federal Perkins loan. This loan enters repayment 9 months after graduation or 9 months after the borrower ceases to attend school at least half time. The interest rate is fixed at 5%. University Accounting Service (UAS) is the servicer for the Federal Perkins loan. You can access your account online at www.uasconnect.com. You can also access loan information and deferment forms online at www.uaservice.com