School of Continuing Education Financial Information
|Tuition Per Credit||$375.00||$380.00|
|Tuition Per 3 Credit Course||$1,125.00||$1,140.00|
|Audit per Credit**||$190.00||$190.00
|Audit per 3 Credit Course **||$570.00||$570.00|
**Some courses taken for audit require full tuition; consult the course descriptions for complete details.
|Computer Laboratory Fees (per course)||$110.00||$110.00|
|Studio Art/Science Laboratory Fees (per course)||$120.00||$120.00|
|Critic Teacher Fee||$500.00||$500.00|
|Distance Learning Fee||$70.00||$70.00|
|Application Fee for degree & Certificate Admission||$55.00||$55.00|
|Graduation Fee *||$220.00||$220.00|
|Late Registration Fee||$150.00||$150.00|
- All tuition is due at the time of registration.
- If you are receiving financial aid, registration is contingent upon having completed a FAFSA form prior to registration.
- All third party authorizations (including employee letters) must be submitted to the Bursar’s Office, Harkins Hall, Room 400 within 48 hours of online registration. If registering in person, a copy of the letter must be submitted at time of registration.
- Providence College tuition remission authorizations must be completed with Human Resources prior to registration.
- Any student that receives Providence College tuition remission must pay all lab fees and distance learning fees at time of registration.
- Failure to comply with the above policies will result in being dropped for non-payment.
- Any student re-registered for classes from which they have been dropped for non-payment, will be charged a $150.00 re-registration fee.
- Students should be aware that in the unlikely event that they fail to meet their financial obligation, a delinquency report may be filed to a credit bureau and the account may be sent to a collection agency. Once an account is sent to a collection agency, the student is responsible for all past due tuition and fees as well as collection costs, which may include penalties, interest, attorney’s fees and court costs.
Providence College is pleased to offer a payment plan for SCE students. You can now spread out the cost of your tuition using Nelnet Campus Commerce (formerly Tuition Management Systems (TMS)).
|Plan Type||Start Date||Plan # of Months|
|Summer I Plan||3/1,4/1||3,2|
|Summer II Plan||3/1,4/1,5/1||4,3,2|
* Total Enrollment Fee is $35.
* Total Late Charge is $40 for each late payment.
Refunds of Overpayments
If a student has a credit balance on their account, they can request a refund of overpayments by contacting the Bursar’s office by phone at 401-865-2284 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include: student name, banner id, amount being requested, where to send check (if not to be picked up in Harkins Hall).
Refunds for the current semester may be requested once a student’s aid has been disbursed to their account and a credit balance exists. Please note that most financial aid is not posted until after the course schedule adjustment period in order to confirm a student’s full-time status and eligibility for financial aid.
Please check your account on Cyberfriar before requesting your refund to confirm your aid has been disbursed.
Once a refund is requested, checks will be available approximately two weeks from the receipt of the request.
- Please note requested refund amounts based on financial aid are subject to adjustment based on review & approval by the Financial Aid Office